#PageList1 {text-align: center}

05 November 2014

A day in London and... Anselm Kiefer!

I have been pretty busy with my research lately, which meant that I was absent from my blog. But today I had the most exciting day, and I want to share it with you!
  
Today I conducted a bit of field work in London, which was simply ...Great! Who doesn´t like to go to London from time to time?

While I was doing my field work I received the most incredible and unexpected invitation:

“Would you like to visit the Kiefer exhibit at the Royal Academy of Arts?”
Me, instantly: “yes please!!!!”




Anselm Kiefer is a German painter and sculptor most famous by his massive paintings, sometimes made with unusual materials (as wood or glass...).   

The Royal Academy of Arts is now displaying a variety of his work throughout his life. You will be able to better know his work, since his early career through works that range from watercolours to acrylics to his latest ones that include collages and lead works with incrustations of diamonds...! 

The exhibit begins at the Royal Academy´s square, where some of his sculptures are displayed.  It’s truly monumental, and most definitely a must see exhibit!
This exhibit is showing until 14th of December.


Learn more about the exhibit here.

Maybe next time I will be able to visit the Moroni one!

While I was working/visiting shows, I was missing my little one.... So it was truly great once I arrived home and was greeted with the most lovely and happy smile!It was a good way to end the day!

I am conflicted sometimes when I am working, and enjoying work, with some guilt feelings. Well, I´ll explore these conflicting sentiments in some other post. This one is meant to be a happy post about Kiefer´s show!

And what about you, what have you been doing lately?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...