#PageList1 {text-align: center}

15 January 2015

DIY project: Bird Mobile



 
After one year, I was able to finally finish my baby´s bird mobile!

It took a lot of time... Actually my greatest effort was to find the time to complete it. Thinking of the actual work, it was pretty simple and I would be able to finish it earlier if I actually had the time for it.



The final result is far from what I had envisioned, instead of attaching the fabric bird to dowels, I was thinking of real branches. however, having natural branches in a baby’s room for me would mean having to treat it, paint it, varnish and employ all treatments necessary to guarantee  that the wood would not cause any harm or cause wood infestation.

So I decided to simply use dowels, much easier to use and I only had to make some small drill holes. I used nylon cord to connect the several dowels. 

The result, despite being different from my first idea, still is cute! And my baby just loves it! 

Several times when he is throwing a tantrum I just pick him up and take him to see “the birdies”. He loves to look at them, laughs and always tries to catch them! And forgets whatever issue he was not happy with! So it has definitely fulfilled ots purpose!



What about you? Have you finish a craft project lately?


 




I am linking up with this amazing blogger:

Threading My Way




6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea, Ann!!! Isn't it great when you find something to distract your little one. I'm with you on preferring dowel to an actual branch. I love your bird mobile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring me! It is a great honour! It is also a first for me ;)

      Thank you so much again!
      ...and have a great weekend! :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:42 am

    Love this idea! So much nicer than the store-bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It has much more value, when it´s crafted by you... :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...